Traveling, education and leadership! I managed to secure a full-time position encompassing all of my greatest passions!
Explorica (previously Keating by Explorica) offers tours to Canadian Destinations including Ottawa, Québec, Montreal, Kingston, Toronto and Vancouver for classes of students aged 11-14. This was one of the most challenging positions I’ve held but it is also one of the most rewarding. Inspiring the future leaders of Canada and engaging them in historic locations and landmarks makes for a thrilling and fulfilling experience.
– Travelling through means of plane, bus, train and coach on a weekly basis throughout April, May and June and consistently updating Online Tour Diaries (trip journals) for the parents at home
– Working closely with the Group Leader and Ground Representative to ensure that the students get the most out of their educational travel experience
– Acting as the liaison between tour groups and travel suppliers such as large chain hotels, restaurants, and bus companies
– Educating students in interactive and exciting ways using the methods and being read-up on materials related to historical locations and monuments.
– Participate and be engaged in Explorica’s extensive employee training (classroom training on weekends in March and April, on-the-road training to follow)
– Be enthusiastic. Be organized. Be creative. Be confident. Express a love and passion for teaching, leading and travel!